Coventry Collets - A brief history


Coventry Collets began its life as Bell Engineers, based in Coventry. The company was formed in the 1960's by three qualified toolmakers who used their combined skills to support local machine tool manufacturers, workholding suppliers and end users. Steady growth through the 60's and 70's resulted in a larger workforce, larger premises and indeed more machinery and tooling.


The extra capacity enabled the company to continue growing and was by now concentrating mostly on collets and feed fingers manufacture....and so the decision was made to change the company name to Coventry Collets Limited. The name change resulted in increased orders from companies across the UK, both suppliers and end users.


When, during the early 1990's the three directors decided to sell their business and retire the company formed part of The Herbert Group. The existing workforce remained with the company and the manufacture of collets and feed fingers continued from the factory which had now been re-located to Nuneaton, a neighbouring town to Coventry.


In February 2008, Coventry Collets split from The Herbert Group after being bought by its Works Manager Martin Hartlett, Andy Davies and Kevin Davies. The company moved to larger premises still in Nuneaton and continues to specialise in the manufacture of collets and feed fingers to the present day.


After purchasing the company in 2008 we have invested in machinery, tooling, etc and now plan to expand our order book and customer base gradually over the next two years. We would be very happy to hear from any company or individual who has collet or feed finger requirements and can assure them of a high level of quality from Coventry Collets.


Covcol.jpg


covcoljpg[1].jpg

Coventry Collets Ltd
Caspian House
Whitacre Road Industrial Estate
Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV11 6BX
Tel: 024 7637 1795